are created stylish, well built and affordable, while respecting the Earth .
Bamboo accomplishes these goals. Paddle boards made with real bamboo are strong and durable, naturally beautiful and Earth friendly.
That’s the Bamboo Advantage!
- Bamboo is a renewable resource. It’s can be harvested in 3 years compared to 25 years for wood.
- Harvesting bamboo does not kill a bamboo forest. Harvesting actually induces the plant to produce more new shoots.
- Bamboo can grow in degraded soil.
- During regeneration, the bamboo plant’s root system stays intact preventing soil erosion.
The Bamboo Wappa Uses
- Wappa only uses Moso bamboo.
- It grows mainly in the Zhejiang province of China known historically as the Kingdom of Bamboo.
- Moso is one of the hardest varieties of bamboo. With a tensile strength up to 40 kN/cm2 it easily surpasses timber fibers (approx. 5 kN/cm2), or even mild steel (36 kN/cm2).¹
- Janka Hardness Test results show that Moso is comparable to the hardness of European Oak (6280 kN).¹
- Bamboo has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any natural fiber¹.
- In structural engineering tests bamboo has been shown to have…
- Higher tensile strength than many alloys of steel.
- Higher compressive strength than many mixtures of concrete.
- Higher strength-to-weight ratio than graphite (precursor of carbon fiber)¹.
Bamboo in a Composite
- In a composite environment like a Wappa paddle board, bamboo veneer is a good substitute for fiberglass because it’s stronger.
- Bamboo laminates are lighter and stronger than fiberglass. Bamboo epoxy laminates are twice the strength at equal weights¹.
- A stand up paddle board made with real bamboo weigh at least 15% less than boards made only from fiberglass and epoxy.
Wappa Bamboo Technology
Strong, light and naturally beautiful.
Wappa board construction process results in stand up paddle boards with an amazing strength to weight ratio.
Better Quality Materials
- Real bamboo. 1 mm thick. Industry leading.
- Heat embossed diamond grooved deck pad by 3M to reduce board weight.
- Embedded SUP handle for easy transport.
- Three dimensional fiberglass for a thicker impact resistant outer skin with increased overall hull strength.
- Environmentally friendly epoxy resin with 31% biological content (ASTM D6866 test).
- Standing layer of reinforced glass under the deck for additional support.
- Premium kiln dried bamboo veneer.
- Automotive quality paint.
- FCS leash attachments and fin boxes.
- GoPro® mount attachment located at the nose.
- Ergonomic SUP Handle for easy carrying.
- Hassle Free Gore-Tex® Air Vent for automatic breathing of your board.
- 5 mm thick deck pad provides a comfy grip. while quickly shedding water.
High Caliber Construction
- Sandwich construction method.
- Vacuum bagging to reduce the amount of epoxy and lighten the board.
- Extra layer of fiberglass along the rails for extra stiffness which guards against snapping if the board nose dives.
- Computerized machine shaping for consistent exact shaping every time.
- Followed by hand shaping for perfection.
- Fin boxes and SUP handle are set in high density foam blocks for added strength.
- Experienced craftsmen (9.5 yrs on average).
- EPS foam core with a density of 22 kg/m³.
- Made from 25% recycled material.
- CAD designed, machine cut and hand finished for the perfect shape.
- Lightweight and resistant to moisture absorption.
RETURN TO PADDLE BOARD SHOP
Average rating: 0 reviews